Join the Team
Required qualifications for employment as a firefighter are as follows.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 19 by job posting closing date
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection Basic Structural Fire Certification
- Texas Department of State Health Services Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic
- International Fire Services Accreditation Congress Fire and National Registry Emergency Medical Services certifications will be recognized
- Copies of all certifications must be submitted with application or by closing date to Human Resource Department
- Successfully complete all pre-employment screenings which will include: review of candidate's driving record and criminal history, physical ability test, medical physical, psychological exam, polygraph, background check and drug test
Physical & Environmental Conditions
Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity associated with assigned duties. Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, crawl, lift, and transport victims of accidents and fires. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, electrical hazards, communicable diseases, and hazardous environments while engaged in fire fighting, delivery of emergency medical services or other rescue activities.
- Firefighter / Emergency Medical Technician: $78,806.34 to $95,783.16 per year
- Paramedic certification pay of additional $2,100 up to $4,800 per year
- $35 Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) shift assignment pay
- $150 per month Fire Inspector certification pay
- Education and advanced fire certification pay
- Retirement Benefits with Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a 7% employee contribution and 2-to-1 City match
Please visit the Human Resources Department to apply.