Information for Utility Companies & Contractors

Entities wishing to work in the public rights-of-way must first submit an application for a right-of-way construction permit.  Please read Chapter 3, Article 3.1400 (right-of-way construction), of the Code of Ordinances of the City of University Park prior to applying for a permit.

  • Permit applications are required for the construction of new facilities and the replacement or upgrading of the company's existing facilities in the right-of-way, either aerial or underground;
  • Except in an emergency, a request for a construction permit must be submitted at least ten (10) working days before the proposed commencement of work in the request, unless waived by the Director of Public Works or his designee.  Requests for permits will be approved or disapproved by the Director of Public Works or his designee within a reasonable time of receiving all the necessary information.  The Public Works Department will use its best efforts to approve or disapprove a request for a permit as soon as possible.  No work shall commence until the City approves the permit.  The contractor must keep a copy of the permit at the work site.
  • The Department of Public Works must be notified 48 hours in advance that construction is ready to proceed by either the right-of-way user, its contractor or representative
  • For information on requesting utility locates, visit the Call Before You Dig page