Deferred Disposition

Deferred Disposition is a form of probation which, if successfully completed, can result in the dismissal of the charge against you. Request for Deferred Disposition must be made by mail, or by fax at 214-987-5335. Should the request be granted the defendant is ordered to pay a fine and court costs.


The Municipal Court Judge will assign a probationary period of 90 to180 days depending on the violation. You may be required to complete other conditions set by the court, such as community service hours or a driver safety course. If you complete all the requirements, the violation would be dismissed.

During this time the defendant must not be convicted of any other offense. Receiving such a conviction will revoke the existing deferred, and all convictions will be reported as required by law.


The following is a list of requirements to be considered for Deferred Disposition:

  • You have not already paid your violation fine which resulted in a final conviction in this case. If you think this applies to you, you may contact the Court if you still want to request a Deferred Disposition.
  • If you are under age 25 and you want to request Deferred Disposition (probation) then you will be required by the Judge to a take a Drivers Safety Course (as a condition of your Deferred Disposition).
  • Your speed was not over 25 miles or more over the posted speed limit
  • Violations for passing a school bus

You are not eligible for a deferred disposition for a traffic offense if you hold a commercial driver's license or held one at the time of the offense, or for a traffic offense committed in a construction zone with workers present.


To apply for Deferred Disposition by mail, the Deferred Disposition Application (DOCX) must be completed and submitted by mail or in person to:
City of University Park Municipal Court
3800 University Boulevard
University Park, TX 75205

To apply for Deferred Disposition online, enter your citation number and date of birth, press the search tab, then select "explore options".

To inquire if the Judge granted your Deferral or the terms of your Deferral Period, contact the Court by phone at 214-987-5331.