Alcohol Beverage Sales Permits

On November 2, 2010, a Local Option Election was held in the City of University Park, Texas. The registered voters of University Park approved measures allowing:

  • "The Legal Sale of Beer and Wine for Off-Premise Consumption Only," and,
  • "The Legal Sale of Mixed Beverages in Restaurants by Food and Beverage Certificate Holders Only."

By Ordinance 10/47, for the City to issue a permit and sign off on the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) application, the applicant must complete a City of University Park Alcohol Beverage Permit Application (PDF) and have a completed and notarized TABC license application. The TABC application must be certified by the State Comptroller prior to submission to the City. By Resolution 10-26, the City will collect a fee equal to half the fee charged by the TABC. Initial permit applications also require an administrative review fee of $250. These fees are non-refundable, therefore, it is important that applicants are confident they meet the distance requirements, zoning, City ordinances, etc., prior to application submission.

View a complete Alcohol Permit Fee Schedule (PDF). (Rates effective as of September 21, 2021)

Fees must be paid upon submission of each application in the form of cash, check or credit card. The permit must be renewed following TABC guidelines (2 years). Complete and print the fillable Alcohol Permit Renewal Form (PDF).

Once the application has been submitted, it may take up to ten business days for approval, as the Community Development Department and the City Secretary's Office must sign off on the application and process the permit. The City Secretary's Office will contact the applicant when the permit and TABC pre-qualification forms are ready.

For additional information, please contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) or the City Secretary's Office at 214-987-5302.