The men and women of the University Park Police Department are dedicated to providing outstanding professional police services to University Park residents and visitors. Our goal is to provide a safe and secure environment in which to live, work and play by taking a proactive response to crime trends through enforcement efforts, public education, and utilization of crime prevention techniques.
Positive interaction with the public is also a key objective. We hope the services and information detailed on these pages provide you with a level of access consistent with that objective.
Crime Victim Information
Members of the University Park Police Department are committed to the fair, compassionate, and sensitive treatment of victims and witnesses of crime. We will help ensure that victims and witnesses are afforded reasonable protection and are provided with appropriate information to assist them with coping and recovering from the effects of crime.
For more information on:
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Add information to an existing police report
- Domestic Violence Information
- Protective Orders
Some of the services offered by the University Park Police Department include:
- Communications personnel serve as a 24 / 7 point of contact for information regarding victim/witness services offered by the University Park Police and provide referral information for services offered by other organizations within the surrounding area. The telephone number is 214-363-3000.
- Assistance with property return after legal requirements have been satisfied
- Assistance in filing Crime Victims' Compensation claims
- Information on your case and the investigation and court process
- Transportation to shelters or other safe locations
- Information and referral to community services
Texas laws define crime victim rights and a list of state-provided services.
Helpful Phone Numbers / Contacts
- Genesis Women's Shelter
- Suicide & Crisis Center
- Dallas County Prosecutor
- The Family Place
- Salvation Army DFW
- PC Hope Website - Mental health services for HPISD students and the Park Cities community