Message From the University Park Purchasing Department
Thank you for your interest in working with the City of University Park. The Purchasing Department strives to ensure that responsible vendors have fair and competitive access to the City's business while complying with state and local purchasing statutes. Most importantly, we work to obtain the best value for goods and services with our residents' tax dollars.
The Purchasing Department partners with all City departments to procure the supplies, materials, and equipment needed to deliver excellent service for the City's residents. Purchasing is also responsible for procuring construction services and professional services according to the guidelines set forth in the Texas Local Government Code.
Please take a moment to review the "How to Do Business with the City of University Park" page. You'll find a lot of good information there, including how to join our Vendor List and how to participate in our competitive bidding process. You can also contact Purchasing with additional questions:
Elizabeth Anderson, CPSM
City of University Park
3800 University Blvd.
University Park, TX 75205
Email Elizabeth Anderson
Thank you again for your interest!
Elizabeth T. Anderson, CPSM
- How do I get on the bidder's list?
The City of University Park contracts with Periscope S2G (formerly BidSync) for the maintenance of an automated vendor list. This list categorizes each vendor by the commodity codes for the goods or services offered by the vendor. Businesses subscribing to the vendor list are notified by email whenever a formal sealed bid or informal request for quote has been issued for the commodity or service offered by the vendor.
To have your firm placed on the vendor list, please register online. The application asks for general information about your company and lists the commodities and services you provide. There is no cost to register, to submit a bid, or to win a bid. Please call Periscope customer support for further assistance with first-time registration.
- How do I obtain bid notices and specifications?
Vendors may obtain bid information and packages by the following methods:
- Periscope (Formerly BidSync): Register with Periscope S2G. Registered vendors will receive automatic notice of bids and quotes via email or fax and may download bid packages directly. Registration is free.
- Purchasing Office: Come to the Purchasing Division Office located at:
Fred N. Peek Service Center
4420 Worcola Street
Dallas, TX 75206
- Legal Notices: Review the legal notices in the Daily Commercial Record, a weekly publication published Monday through Friday.
- Are bid openings public?
Bid openings are open to the public, and vendors are welcome to attend. Unless otherwise specified, sealed bids and proposals are opened at the Purchasing Division Office at:
4420 Worcola Street
Dallas, TX 75206
Late bids will not be accepted.
Please note this process may be modified due to COVID-19 precautions. Please read the bid documents carefully for instructions.
- How can I get the results of a bid?
You can get the results of a bid a couple of ways:
- Bid and quote tabulations are posted online at Periscope S2G. BidSync is now named Periscope S2G. Log in using your username and password.
- A direct link to "Past Bids" with bid tabulations shown may be found on our Past Bids and RFPs page. Fill in the bid number in the "Search" field and click the "Search" button. Access the tabulations by selecting the Tab link on the far right of the screen.
If you do not see the tabulation you are searching for, please contact Elizabeth Anderson, Purchasing Agent, by phone at 214-987-5480 or email Elizabeth Anderson.
- Does the City give special consideration to minority or women-owned businesses?
The City participates in the State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program. For information on becoming certified as a HUB vendor, go to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts HUB Program page or contact them at 888-863-5881 or 512-463-5872.
- How does the City dispose of surplus property?
The City of University Park contracts with Rene Bates Auctioneers for the disposal of surplus property. The City's Fleet Manager is the City's auction coordinator; you can call the coordinator at 214-987-5440.
- How do I make an appointment with the Purchasing Agent?
The Purchasing Division is open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm, except holidays. Vendors may schedule a meeting with the purchasing agent by calling 214-987-5480.