News Icon

Mosquito fogging - Friday, September 23.  

News Icon

2023 City Budget adopted by the City Council.

News Icon

September 2022 UPdate.

News Icon

COVID-19 Updates and Information.

News Icon

Help UPPD reduce vehicle burglaries.

News Icon

The Arbor - September 2022.

Events Icon

Saturday, September 24 at 3 p.m. - UP @ the Library Family Time.

Events Icon

Tuesday, September 27 at 10:30 a.m. - Baby Story Time @ UPPL.

Events Icon

Wednesday, September 28 at 10:30 a.m. - Preschool STEAM and Stories.

Events Icon

Thursday, September 29 at 10:30 a.m. - Outdoor Toddler Story Time.

Events Icon

Thursday, September 29 at 3:30 p.m. - STEAM Station @ the Library.

Events Icon

Saturday, October 1 at 10 a.m. - Doggie Splash Day at the Holmes Aquatic Center.

Meetings Icon

Tuesday, October 4, 2022 - City Council Meeting

Meetings Icon

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - City Council Meeting


Storm repairs - City, Texas, FEMA information, scams

March 3, 2021

Winter Storm Water Bill "Leak Adjustments"
During the recent winter storm, hundreds of University Park water and sewer customers may have experienced increased water usage due to preventative dripping or broken pipes.  To help offset this increased cost, the City is providing two new billing adjustments to its customers. 
Because so many customers tried to prevent pipe damage by dripping water through their sinks, bathtub faucets and shower heads, all water and sewer customers will receive an automatic $10 “drip adjustment” in an upcoming bill.   No action is required by the customer for the drip adjustment. 
Additionally, customers who experienced a sudden loss of water from a broken pipe may apply for a special “leak adjustment” of $20.  To quality for this adjustment, customers must provide the City’s Utility Billing Department with a copy of a plumbers repair bill, an invoice or hardware store receipts. To request a leak adjustment, residents may contact the City’s Utility Billing office in one of the following ways:
Phone - 214-987-5320
Email -
If requesting the adjustment by email, for fastest service, please be sure to include your contact and account information.
Finally, due to property damage that may have resulted in emergency repairs, the City is waiving all restorative building permit fees, as well as meter disconnect/reconnect fees.  If you have questions or need more information, please call the Utility Department at 214-987-5320 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

List of registered plumbers in UP

The City has received multiple inquiries about plumber recommendations as residents deal with water damage from frozen pipes. As you can appreciate, we don’t want to show preferential treatment to any particular plumber, but for your convenience we have pulled the full list of plumbing contractors who are currently registered with University Park. Using a plumber who is already registered may speed up your repair process.

You can find the full list here.

We encourage you to have your plumber turn on your water meter after repairs have been made.   

Fire sprinkler repairs following meter shut off - Weather Emergency

Repairs to both commercial and residential sprinkler systems are allowed without acquiring a permit or inspection.  Service personnel can turn household fire sprinklers meters on and off as needed.  When the City turns off a meter to a residential fire suppression system, the City documents that action and does a follow up within 10 days make sure the meter is back in service.
Residents of one and two-family dwellings are not required to get a permit from the City for repairs to their fire suppression systems, but the work must be done by a licensed fire suppression contractor.  For commercial sprinkler systems, once the system is repaired the contractor or building representative needs to contact the University Park Fire Department at 214-987-5380.  The Department will schedule a visit to confirm the system is operational and that all red tags have been removed. The Department does not require a permit, just an inspection once complete.

Collection of reconstruction debris

As home repairs get underway, you may have a substantial amount of drywall, wood, pipes and other debris that needs to be trucked away.  Unfortunately, City sanitation personnel cannot collect these materials because the City doesn’t have the means to compact it prior to transporting it to a landfill.  If you have materials of this type that you need to remove from your property, here is a list of companies that work in the City and have been given franchise rights to collect construction debris.   

Federal Assistance for storm damage

Texas homeowners and renters in 31 additional counties who suffered damage from the winter storm that recently struck Texas may now apply for disaster assistance with FEMA.

If you have insurance and are applying for disaster assistance, you must also file a claim with your insurance company as soon as possible. By law, FEMA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance. If insurance does not cover all your damage, you may be eligible for federal assistance.

The fastest and easiest way to apply is by visiting

If it is not possible to register online, call 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). The toll-free telephone lines operate from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.

Before you apply for assistance, please review these steps to begin the recovery process:

1. Contact your insurance agent (File a claim)
2. Register with FEMA
3. Schedule a FEMA inspection
4. Read the FEMA determination letter (Explains if you were approved or not)
5. Use the FEMA grant wisely
6. Save receipts and maintain good records (FEMA may audit expenditures)
7. Stay in touch with FEMA
8. Visit a disaster recovery center ( has links to locate a center)
9. Visit a FEMA hazard mitigation display (available at participating home improvement stores)

Helpful Link: Understanding FEMA Individual Assistance and Public Assistance

The U.S. Small Business Administration also provides low-interest disaster loans for businesses, homeowners and renters. Register online or call 1-800-659-2955.

SBA Texas Fact Sheet

Texas Department of Insurance - Help After Storm

The Texas Department of Insurance recently updated their “Help after the storm” information page regarding how to apply for claims and assistance for anyone that has questions with the process:

Voluntary survey to help the State of Texas understand damage suffered  

The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) is asking Texans to complete a Self Reporting Damage Survey to better identify winter storm damage across the state.  Data will also help emergency management officials gain a better understanding of what occurred.  The Data will also provide FEMA with a better understanding of the need for federal disaster assistance for individuals.  

Reporting your damage is not a substitute for reporting damage to an insurance agency, and does not guarantee disaster relief assistance.

Utility Scams 

In the wake of the storm and all the energy use, Oncor is detailing scams to look out for: 

  • Fraudulent contact information: Scammers often use email, website addresses, phone numbers and message recordings that look and sound authentic. Those impersonating Oncor may claim that the phone number they are using is different than the number on a customer’s regular utility bill due to telework status. While phone scams account for 75 percent of all impostor scams, email or text communication may also be attempted. 
  • Door-to-door impostors: Scammers may claim they are “responding to reports of scammers in the neighborhood,” “are on site to perform unscheduled work that requires payment,” or many other excuses to get your money or personal information.
  • Disconnection threat: Scammers may aggressively tell a customer his or her utility bill is past due and service will be disconnected if a large payment is not made – typically using a prepaid debit card or another non-refundable form of payment.
  • Meter payment: The impostor may instruct a customer to use cash or quickly buy a prepaid debit card to cover the cost of a new meter, a meter upgrade or some other form of unscheduled on-site work.
  • Information Request: The scammer will insist that a recent payment encountered a system glitch and was not completed, and then asks the customer to make a false payment or otherwise provide personal account information.

How to protect yourself 
  • Do not give out credit card information or purchase prepaid cards: Oncor will never ask to collect money to avoid service disconnection or shutoff. We also will never ask customers to make payments with a prepaid debit card, gift card, any form of cryptocurrency, or third-party digital payment mobile applications. If someone threatens immediate disconnection or shutoff of service, customers should hang up the phone, delete the email or text, or shut the door.
  • Be wary when a stranger comes to your home: Oncor representatives do not need to enter your home for any reason, especially to perform work. If someone claims to work for Oncor and tries to enter your home, do not let them into your house or go anywhere with them. Call 911 if you fear for your safety.
  • Always ask for photo identification: Oncor employees and authorized contractors performing work for Oncor will always carry company identification and wear company uniforms. Even if you are expecting an Oncor representative to perform some type of service at your property, always request and verify identification.