Committed to Excellence
COVID-19 Updates and Information.
What's new at the UP Library.
Apply for the 2020-21 Youth Advisory Commission.
Information about the 2020 Census.
The Arbor - March 2020.
Addressing street flooding near Caruith Park.
City event cancellations due to COVID-19.
This bill updates Chapter 176 of the Texas Local Government Code and requires a vendor to file a conflict of interest questionnaire if the vendor has a business relationship with the city and has:
(1) an employment or other business relationship with an officer or an officer’s family member that results in that person receiving taxable income that is more than $2,500 in the preceding twelve (12) months; OR
(2) has given an officer or an officer’s family member one or more gifts totaling more than $100 in the preceding twelve months.
A vendor is required to file a questionnaire not later than 5:00 P.M. on the seventh business day after the latter of the following:
(1) the date the vendor begins discussions or negotiations to enter into a contract with the city or submits an application or response to a bid proposal; OR
(2) the date the vendor becomes aware of a relationship or gives a gift to an officer or officer’s family member.
The conflict of interest questionnaire (Form CIQ) was created by the Texas Ethics Commission and is available below. The form must be filed with the Purchasing Agent.
Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (Form CIQ)
Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176
This bill requires a vendor to fill out a Certificate of Interested Parties if they want to enter into a contract with a governmental entity and:
1) the contract has a value of $1,000,000.00 or more, OR
2) the contract requires an action or vote by the governing body before the contract may be signed.
Exceptions to this requirement are listed here.
The City of University Park requires Council approval on all contracts worth $50,000.00 or more. Successful vendors are required to log in to the Texas Ethics Commission’s website and complete the Certificate of Interested Parties Form online. A paper copy should be sent to the Purchasing Agent. HB 1295 states that the governmental entity MAY NOT enter into a contract without this completed document.
Video – Logging In the First Time – Business User
Video – How to Create a Certificate
Link to House Bill 1295