picture of town fountain

Alcoholic Beverage Sales Permits

News Icon

January 2023 UPdate.

News Icon

The Arbor - January 2023.

News Icon

SMU Gary Weber End Zone Stadium project.

News Icon

Snider Plaza Surface Improvements Project Mock-Up.

News Icon

Water Bill processing error for some recurring credit card customers.

News Icon

December 2022 UPdate.

Events Icon

Saturday, January 28 at 10 a.m. - STEAM Station @ the Library.

Events Icon

Tuesday, January 31 at 10:30 a.m. - Baby Story Time @ UPPL.

Meetings Icon

Tuesday, February 7 - City Council Meeting

Meetings Icon

Tuesday, February 21 - City Council Meeting

On November 2, 2010, a Local Option Election was held in the City of University Park, Texas. The registered voters of University Park approved measures allowing:

The Legal Sale of Beer and Wine for Off-Premise Consumption Only,” and,

The Legal Sale of Mixed Beverages in Restaurants by Food and Beverage Certificate Holders Only.”

By Ordinance 10/47, for the City to issue a permit and sign off on the TABC application, the applicant must complete a City of University Park Alcohol Beverage Permit Application and have a completed and notarized TABC license application. The TABC application must be certified by the State Comptroller prior to submission to the City. By Resolution 10-26, the City will collect a fee equal to ½ the fee charged by the TABC. Initial permit applications also require an administrative review fee of $250. These fees are non-refundable, therefore, it is important that applicants are confident they meet the distance requirements, zoning, City ordinances, etc., prior to application submission.

To view a complete fee schedule, click here. (Rates effective as of September 17, 2019)

Fees must be paid upon submission of each application in the form of cash, check or credit card. The permit must be renewed following TABC guidelines (2 yrs.).  Complete and print fillable Renewal Form here.

Once the application has been submitted, it may take up to ten (10) business days for approval, as the Community Development Department and the City Secretary’s Office must sign off on the application and process the permit. The City Secretary’s Office will contact the applicant when the permit and TABC pre-qualification forms are ready.

For additional information, please contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) or the City Secretary’s Office at 214-987-5302.