Crime Victim Information and Services

Accident Reports:
  • Can be obtained by the victim or their representative at the University Park Police Department
  • Hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.,  Monday – Friday
  • The report will cost $ 2.00
  • Copies are available within 10 business days of a request
  • Copies may also be available through the Accident Reports online section

Offense and Incident Reports:

  • Can be obtained by completing an Open Records Request Form at the University Park Police Department
  • Hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
  • There is no charge for the report
  • Some information may be limited dependent upon the investigation

Adding Information to an Existing Police Report:

If you have acquired additional information regarding an incident or offense that has been reported to the University Park Police Department, this information may assist in the investigation of the case. Information (regarding additional stolen or damaged property, suspect descriptions, etc.) may be added to an existing report by phoning the Criminal Investigation Division of the University Park Police Department at: 214 987-5354.

Domestic Violence Information:

If you or someone you know is a victim of Domestic Violence or if you have been threatened or hurt by someone within your household – call the police. It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm EVEN IF THAT PERSON IS A MEMBER OR FORMER MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD.

Protective Orders:

If you feel that you, your child, or any other household resident has been injured OR if you feel you are going to be in danger from a member or former member of your household – YOU have the right to file a criminal complaint against the person committing family violence and to apply for an order to protect you. You should consult a legal aid office, a prosecuting attorney, or a private attorney to assist you.