Was Alexa under your Christmas tree?
December 28, 2017
If an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Show, was under your Christmas tree, here is something to keep in mind. These devices and similar products from Google and Apple provide you with another convenient way to get City news and information without logging on to a computer or making a phone call.
The service is called Community Connect. It provides you with general community news and events, road closure information and emergency alerts. Community Connect also lets you listen to articles from the City's monthly newsletter, and acquire basic City information including hours, address and phone numbers for City Hall, the Peek Service Center, UP Public Library and the Holmes Aquatic Center.
To use Community Connect, just add the free skill to your Alexa app. Asking Alexa to provide you with information about University Park is easy. Use these specific prompts:
- Alexa, Ask My University Park what's in the news?
- Alexa, ask My University Park what are the events?
- Alexa, ask My University Park for road closures.
- Alexa, ask My University Park to read The Arbor.
- Alexa, ask My University for building hours.