There are several construction projects underway in the Park Cities. Many of the projects involve Highland Park Independent School District campuses. Others projects are located on major arterial streets including Hillcrest Avenue and Preston Road.
Traffic Congestion/Neighborhood Updates
From time to time, these project are likely to create traffic issues. The City will post timely information using our social media platforms. The City will also be collaborating with the Highland Park Independent School District, the Town of Highland Park and Southern Methodist University on the distribution of construction-related information.
City of University Park Social Media, Learn More
Highland Park ISD Projects
UP Elementary School rebuild
- The building roof is complete for the entire building and terra cotta tile installation has begun.
- The brick is 90 percent installed. The cast stone entries required additional engineering of the design prior to the final installation. This work will start this week.
- The drywall is 99 percent complete.
- The HVAC system is complete and starting to cool the building. The building has permanent power.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing rough-in are 100 percent complete in the classroom and administrative wing, and 95 percent complete in the cafeteria wing.
- Ceramic tile is installed in the kitchen.
- The replacement of existing city sidewalks is complete.
Anticipated project completion is August 2018.
For questions or concerns about demolition, contact Ed Levine, Executive Director of Construction Services, at LevineE@hpisd.org
Town of Highland Park Projects
HPUMC Tolleson Center -- Spring 2017 to Fall 2018
Part of the Highland Park United Methodist Church complex, this new facility in the current location of the Biggers Building at 5817 Hillcrest, will include two levels of underground parking and three floors of program space that will house Special Needs, Youth, and Recreation Ministries. In addition to a new gymnasium, the project will provide additional worship spaces, classrooms, dedicated sensory and motor skills spaces, and a teaching kitchen.
Rogers O'Brien Construction
Park Plaza -- Summer 2017 to Spring 2019
The Park Plaza project involves the demolition of the former Chase Bank building on the corner of Hillcrest and Daniel and the construction of a mixed-use development, featuring office space, retail shops and restaurants.
For construction-related issues, Rogers-O'Brien can be reached at 469-906-2080.
Rendering - North elevation as seen from Daniel Ave.