There are several construction projects underway in the Park Cities. Many of the projects involve Highland Park Independent School District campuses. Others projects are located on major arterial streets including Hillcrest Avenue and Preston Road.
Traffic Congestion/Neighborhood Updates
From time to time, these project are likely to create traffic issues. The City will post timely information using our social media platforms. The City will also be collaborating with the Highland Park Independent School District, the Town of Highland Park and Southern Methodist University on the distribution of construction-related information.
City of University Park Social Media, Learn More
Highland Park ISD Projects
UP Elementary School rebuild
- The building roof is 100% dried in for the entire building. Air Conditioning units are 100% complete on the building.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing rough-in is 100% complete in the classroom and administrative wing, and 80% complete in the cafeteria wing.
- Brickwork is ongoing around the building.
- Ceramic tile installation is complete in the classroom wing.
- Millwork installation is ongoing throughout the building.
- The kitchen plumbing rough-in is complete.
Anticipated project completion is August 2018.
For questions or concerns about demolition, contact Ed Levine, Executive Director of Construction Services, at LevineE@hpisd.org
Town of Highland Park Projects
HPUMC Tolleson Center -- Spring 2017 to Fall 2018
Part of the Highland Park United Methodist Church complex, this new facility in the current location of the Biggers Building at 5817 Hillcrest, will include two levels of underground parking and three floors of program space that will house Special Needs, Youth, and Recreation Ministries. In addition to a new gymnasium, the project will provide additional worship spaces, classrooms, dedicated sensory and motor skills spaces, and a teaching kitchen.
Rogers O'Brien Construction
Park Plaza -- Summer 2017 to Spring 2019
The Park Plaza project involves the demolition of the former Chase Bank building on the corner of Hillcrest and Daniel and the construction of a mixed-use development, featuring office space, retail shops and restaurants.
For construction-related issues, Rogers-O'Brien can be reached at 469-906-2080.
Rendering - North elevation as seen from Daniel Ave.