Resident Parking Districts
The City of University Park has various Resident Parking Districts.
- Neighborhoods near Highland Park High School
- Neighborhoods near Southern Methodist University
- Neighborhoods near the Moody Family YMCA
The districts were approved by the City Council to ensure that residents who live near either campus have available on-street parking. Residents who park at curbside during restricted hours must display a special parking sticker on their vehicles. Vehicles without a sticker are subject to receiving a ticket.
- Near Highland Park High School – 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. (school days)
- Near SMU – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday (year-round)
- The 2800-2900 blocks of Dyer, the 2800-3000 blocks of McFarlin and the 2900 block of Fondren are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (seven days a week, year-round)
- Near YMCA – Anytime Monday-Friday (year-round), Midnight to 6 p.m. on Saturdays, and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays
To download an application for resident parking district stickers, click here.
Residents who live inside the boundaries of either district and want stickers must:
- Complete an application and return it, in person, to the University Park Police Department (police administration, second floor City Hall) during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Proof of residency is required to obtain stickers. Homeowners bring a document containing your name and University Park address. That address must be inside the boundaries of your parking district. Proof of residency can be easily demonstrated with a valid Texas Driver License or ID Card, current electric, phone or water bill (within the last 60 days), or current lease agreement or insurance policy. All applicants renting property in one of the resident parking districts must provide a copy of their current lease for review by staff.
- If you are going to apply in person, please bring your license tag numbers with you. You will also be asked to note the make, model and color of each vehicle.
- Please note: High School area parking district stickers are valid for the current academic year only. Stickers for the parking district near SMU and the YMCA are renewed annually.
Year-long Visitor Parking Passes
- The stickers are free.
- Two stickers are provided per address.
- The stickers are color-coded to differentiate the High School district, the two geographic areas that comprise the SMU districts (Hillcrest West and Hillcrest East) and the YMCA district.
- During restricted hours, residents of one parking district are not eligible to park their vehicles at curbside inside the boundaries of the other parking district.
- Clearly identifiable service vehicles, marked or not, do not need stickers.
- High School area Resident Parking District: Stickers will not be provided for high school students, HPISD volunteers or P-T-A members who have on-campus business.
- SMU area Resident Parking District: Stickers will not be provided for SMU students, faculty and staff (unless they reside inside one of the districts) or visitors to the university.
- Stickers are not transferable. If a resident sells a vehicle, or a lease vehicle is returned, the resident is responsible for removing the sticker and obtaining a replacement sticker for the new/current vehicle.
- Stickers are valid only when they are permanently affixed to the OUTSIDE of the vehicle (lower left-hand corner of the rear window)
- As a courtesy to others, park with traffic at all times. It is illegal in Texas to park facing oncoming traffic.
UPPD issues year-long visitor parking placards to residents who live inside any of the City's Residential Parking Districts. These placards will be issued two per household
- Annual visitor parking placards are free of charge.
- To obtain annual parking stickers and visitor placards, residents must show proof of residency - Valid Texas Driver License or ID Card, current electric, phone or water bill (within the last 60 days), or current lease agreement or insurance policy. Come to UPPD Administration, 3800 University Blvd. Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visitor placards for the High School Parking District will expire on June 30, 2018 in conjunction with the end of the academic year. Stickers for the YMCA district will expire on December 31, 2018.
- Visitor placards in the SMU districts will expire on December 31, 2018 in conjunction with the end of the calendar year.
- Residents who reside in any of the City’s parking districts can still receive five-day visitor parking passes, especially when a planned party or other gathering results in the need for temporary curbside parking.
- Like parking district stickers, annual visitor parking passes are color-coded for use inside that particular district only.
- 4100 block of Lovers Lane
- 4100 to 4199 Hyer and the north side of the 4300 block of Hyer
- 4100 and 4300 blocks of Grassmere
- 4100, 4300 and 4400 blocks of Druid
- 4100, 4300 and 4400 blocks of Glenwick
- 4100 to 4300 Emerson
- 6600 block of Westchester (east side of the street from Emerson to the alley south of the High School parking garage)
- The east side of the 6800 and 6900 blocks of Westchester
To view or download a Map of the High School area parking district, click here.
To view or download a Map of the SMU (Hillcrest West) parking district, click here
- Both sides of the 3400 block of Asbury, and the north side only of the 3500 block of Asbury
- 5900-6000 blocks of Auburndale
- 3400 block of Binkley from the north/south alley west of Hillcrest to Key Street
- 3400 block of Granada from the north/south alley west of Hillcrest to Key Street
- 3400 block of Haynie
- 5900-6100 blocks of Hillcrest
- The 3400-3600 blocks of McFarlin
- 3400 block of Normandy, except the south side west from Hillcrest a distance of 215 feet
- 3400 block of Shenandoah
- 3400 block of University
- 6600, 6700 and 6800 blocks of Airline, and 6804 and 6810 Airline
- 3000 and 3100 blocks of Daniel
- 2800 and 2900 blocks of Dyer
- 2900 block of Fondren
- 2800-3000 blocks of McFarlin
- 3000-3300 blocks of Milton
- 3200 block of Rankin - Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 3100-3300 blocks of Rosedale - Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2900-3000 blocks of University
To view or download a Map of the SMU (Hillcrest East) and R parking districts, click here.
(Note: Map indicates the locations of all fire lanes and 15-minute no-parking zones that are inside district boundaries.)
R Parking District
- 3000 block of Rosedale - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- 6000 block of Connerly, eastern portion
- 4005-4007 Normandy and the eastern side of the 6000 block of Normandy
- 3400 block of Shenandoah and the northern portion of the 4000 block of Shenandoah
- 6100 block of St. Andrews, western portion
To view or download a Map of the YMCA parking district, click here.