Don’t worry, it’s safe to go into the water! In the Baby Sharks class, babies from ages six months to 24 months learn to love the water while adults savor the joys of bubble blowing, floating and bonding with their little swimmers. Caring and non-threatening, this class allows your child to develop aquatic readiness skills without leaving your side.
Jump into summer with our Learn-to-Swim Lesson Program! Join Shark School for group lessons, focusing on the development and refinement of swim strokes, water safety, and lake and boating safety. All classes start at 9 a.m. and end at 9:50 a.m. Program fee is $150.
- Each session includes eight, 50 minute swim lessons, held Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Make-up lessons will be offered on Fridays if needed due to inclement weatherm or pool closings.
- Registrations WILL NOT be accepted after the cut-off date listed for each session.
- Lessons begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and end at 9:50 a.m.
- Children must be 3 years of age or older and be COMPLETELY potty trained.
Levels & Fees
Costs are per session, per child. Each child will receive a Shark School t-shirt and a sling bag upon
completion of their session. (One t-shirt/bag per child, PER SEASON)
For a complete description on class levels, please see the registration form.
||Water Comfort & Buoyancy
||Building Skill Foundations
|Black Tip Reef Sharks
|Great White Sharks
Minimum of 3 students, maximum of 6 students per class. If a class does not have enough registrants, it will be canceled. If available, your child may transfer to another session. Otherwise, a full refund will be issued.
For additional questions about our Shark School Program, please contact the Parks & Rec Department at 214-987-5488.
Makos Swim Team
Take your swimming to the next level by joining the Makos Swim Team. The Makos compete against local country club and municipal swim teams in a fun, no pressure environment! To be eligible for the team, your swimmer must be 5 to 17 years old, able to swim 25 meters in both Freestyle and Backstroke and be a resident of UP or be enrolled in HPISD.
- Swim team is open for swimmers ages 5-17
- Swimmers must be able to swim 25m in Freestyle and Backstroke
- Swimmers must be UP residents, and reside within HPISD
- Practices will be held from 7:00am - 8:00am or 9:00am - 10:00am
- Swimmers will register for one practice time slot for the entire season
- Additional information, and meet dates are listed on the registration form
Season & Fees
2019 Season TBA. Program fee is $300 and includes team suit, cap, t-shirt, meet entries and meet and championship awards, and the end of season team party.