Jump into summer with our Learn-to-Swim Lesson Program! Join Shark School for group lessons, focusing on the development and refinement of swim strokes, water safety, and lake and boating safety.
- Children must be 3 years of age or older, and be COMPLETELY potty trained
- Lessons are held from 9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m. Mondays - Thursdays
- Make-up lessons will be offered on Fridays if needed due to inclement weather or pool closings only
- Registrations WILL NOT be accepted after the cut-off date listed
If your child is unable to attend the full, two week session, sign up is not recommended. Our classes
build upon what is taught each day, and when swimmers miss a class, they fall behind and do not receive the
full benefit of the course.
Summer 2019 Dates
||June 3rd - June 13th
||Registration Cut-Off Date: May 30th
||June 17th - June 27th
||Registration Cut-Off Date: June 13th
||July 8th - July 18th
||Registration Cut-Off Date: July 4th
||July 22nd - August 1st
||Registration Cut-Off Date: July 18th
Our program offers (5) different skills levels. From developing water comfort for our beginners,
to stroke refinement for the more experienced swimmers, we have a level for everyone.
We no longer ask parents to determine which course level your child falls in to. Instead, a maximum
of (25) students will be accepted for each session. On the first day of the session, each swimmer
will be evaluated, and placed in their appropriate level based on their current swim skills. Parents can
assist with this determination by completing the "Swim Skills" information section on the registration
The fee for our "Shark School" Program is $150. Costs are per session, per child.
Each child will receive a Shark School t-shirt and a sling bag upon completion of their session.
(One t-shirt/bag per child, per season)
To enroll your child is our "Shark School" program, please download the following registration
form and submit with the registration fee. As sessions become full, information will be updated here.
(2019) SHARK SCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM
For additional questions about our Shark School Program, please contact the Parks & Rec Department at 214-987-5488.
Makos Swim Team
Take your swimming to the next level by joining the Makos Swim Team. The Makos compete against local country club and municipal swim teams in a fun, no pressure environment! To be eligible for the team, your swimmer must be 5 to 17 years old, able to swim 25 meters in both Freestyle and Backstroke and be a resident of UP or be enrolled in HPISD.
- Swim team is open for swimmers ages 5-17
- Swimmers must be able to swim 25m in Freestyle and Backstroke
- Swimmers must be UP residents, and reside within HPISD
- Practices will be held from 7:00am - 8:00am or 9:00am - 10:00am
- Swimmers will register for one practice time slot for the entire season
- Additional information, and meet dates are listed on the registration form
Season & Fees
Registration for our 2019 Makos Swim Team is now open! The program fee is $300 and includes team suit, cap, t-shirt, meet entries and meet and championship awards, and the end of season team party.
For more team information, please visit www.makosswimteam.com
To register, please complete one form for each child joining our team.
Once completed, registration forms can be emailed to email@example.com
(2019) MAKOS SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION FORM