Burleson Park, located at 3000 University Boulevard, is named in honor of James B. Burleson, who served University Park as Mayor Pro Tempore from 1946 to 1947 and as Commissioner from 1946 to 1948. Mayor H. E. Yarbrough signed the ordinance and dedicated the park on September 5, 1947.
Caruth Park is located at 3400 Caruth. The park is named for its benefactor, W. W. Caruth Sr., who generously deeded the land to the City on April 20, 1949.
Coffee Park, located at 3400 Northwest Parkway, was purchased from H. E. Yarbrough on April 6, 1953. Originally it was named Northcrest Park, a reference to the park’s location at Northwest Parkway and Hillcrest Avenue. In 1979, the park was rededicated in memory of Roy C. Coffee Sr., University Park’s longest tenured mayor. Mayor Coffee served as a City Commissioner from 1949 to 1950 and as mayor from 1950 to 1970.
Curtis Park, located at 3500 Lovers Lane, was purchased from C. W. Snider on June 1, 1931. Later that year, on August 17, Mayor Pro Tempore C. G. King signed the ordinance dedicating the park in honor of H. J. Curtis, who served as Mayor from 1930 to 1938.
Davis Park, located at 4519 Drane Drive, is named in honor of Mayor W. Richard "Dick'' Davis. Davis is a lifelong resident of University Park, graduated from Highland Park High School, Southern Methodist University and the SMU Dedman School of Law. He served as a member of the University Park Master Plan Committee and the Planning and Zoning Commission. A City Council member from 1998 to 2004, Davis was elected mayor in 2010 and 2012.
Elena's Children's Park
Located at 2900 Hanover, Elena’s Children’s Park was inspired by the life of Mary Elena Franklin, who was born September 4, 1993 and died tragically in an automobile accident on August 2, 1997. Elena, a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, three-year-old, who loved to pick flowers, united this community in a spirit of love.
Germany Park, located at 6401 Lomo Alto Drive, was previously known as "Park A". In 1974, the City annexed the parkland from Greenway Parks in Dallas. The park was dedicated and renamed in 1979, in honor of Mayor E. Wilson Germany, who faithfully served the people of University Park from 1970 to 1976.
Goar Park is located at 3800 University Boulevard. On September 5, 1947 the park was dedicated in memory of William P. Goar, who served University Park as Judge of the Municipal Court from 1944 to 1946 and as City Attorney from 1946 until his death in August 1947.
Hitzelberger Park was dedicated in honor of Barbara Hitzelberger-Wooten in 2010. The park is located on the northwest and northeast corners of the intersection of Lovers and Hillcrest. The park has two prominent features, a six foot high water wall on the park’s northwest corner, and a sculpture on the park’s northeast corner. The sculpture is called “Parental Embrace.”
Smith Park, located at 4000 Greenbrier, was generously donated to the City by J. Fred Smith. On April 9, 1942, Mayor Elbert Williams passed an ordinance dedicating the park in honor of the City's first two mayors, J. Fred Smith, who served from 1924 to 1928, and D. G. Smith, who served from 1928 to 1930.
Walt Humann Park
Walt Humann Park is located along the west side of the Central Expressway Wall from Westminster south to University Boulevard and from University Boulevard south to SMU Boulevard. The park property is approximately 2.4 acres and was acquired in 1993 from TXDOT as a part of the Central Expressway Wall project. In appreciation for his continuing service to the community, the park was named for Mr. Humann in 2011.
Williams Park is located across the street from City Hall and Goar Park. On March 6, 1939, City Commissioners voted to name the park in honor of Mayor Elbert Williams and his son Duval. Their diligent work in developing and beautifying the park has provided generations with many hours of recreational pleasure. Mayor Williams served University Park from 1938 to 1942.