Burleson Park is available for NON-PARK CITIES YMCA teams only. If you are a Park Cities Y team, please contact them for field assignments.
Here are the requirements for team sign-up:
Soccer & Baseball Fields
Soccer and baseball fields may be reserved for general use by residents of University Park. When making a reservation, a roster must be provided that lists each player's name and address. At least 51% of the participants must reside in University Park.
- There is a $10 hourly charge for use of the playing fields.
Requirements for Weekly Team Practices
1. The individual who is representing the team and is signing up for field space must be a resident of University Park.
4. Rosters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, emailing your roster early does not guarantee a time slot.
5. Each team may sign up for one practice day per week with a time limit of one hour.
6. Each representative is limited to sign up for two (2) separate teams only.
7. Once you have signed up for a practice day and time, there will be no time changes, date changes, or refunds issued.
Please make sure that you sign up for the exact time that you will need.
If there are any questions regarding field sign-ups, or if you need directions, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department office at 214-987-5488 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Field Closure Policy
To help preserve turf and the infield dirt on the City’s numerous playing fields and open grass areas, any time a field or ball diamond is left unplayable because of wet conditions, a red flag will be posted on that park’s flag pole in addition to closed signs placed on the field itself. These red flags and signs will provide residents with quick visual reminders concerning the playing status of particular sites. Once a red flag and sign has been posted at a particular site, that park’s fields or ball diamonds will remain closed until they are taken down (a red flag/sign does not prohibit the use of playground equipment at that particular park).
Instructors, Trainers, and Sports Clinics
All individuals or groups conducting any type of for-profit camp, clinic or personal instruction in City parks must register annually with the City.
||Sports/Boot Camps and Personal Trainers
- At least 51% of the participants must by City residents.
- The instructor will furnish a roster of participants at least three days in the beginning of instruction.
- Field rentals for sports clinics will be allowed only during the seasonal rental period, and may only operate in Burleson, Caruth and Coffee parks.
- The use of tennis courts for sports activities is prohibited.
- Any violation by a clinic operator may result in the cancellation of his or her registration.