Required qualifications for employment as a firefighter are as follows:
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 19 by job posting closing date
- TCFP Basic Structural Fire Certification
- TDSHS Certified as an EMT or Paramedic. Paramedic preferred.
- IFSAC Fire and National Registry EMS certifications will be recognized
- Copies of all certifications must be submitted with application or by closing date to Human Resource Department
- Must pass a written exam, physical ability test, medical physical, psychological exam, polygraph, criminal history, back-ground check and drug test
Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity associated with assigned duties. Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, crawl, lift, and transport victims of accidents and fires. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, electrical hazards, communicable diseases, and hazardous environments while engaged in fire fighting, delivery of emergency medical services or other rescue activities.
- Firefighter/EMT $59,448 - $75,876 per year
- Paramedic certification pay $175 up to $400 a month
- $35 MICU shift assignment pay
- Education and advanced fire certification pay
- Retirement Benefits with Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a 7% employee contribution and 2:1 City match