CodeRed Emergency Notification System
When rapid notification is necessary in response to public safety emergencies like floods, chemical spills, gas leaks or bomb threats, the CodeRed Notification System is a valuable communications tool.
The City of University Park has contracted with Emergency Communications Network, Inc., of Ormond Beach, Florida for its “CodeRED” high-speed telephone emergency notification services. The CodeRED system gives City officials the ability to deliver pre-recorded emergency telephone notification/information messages to targeted areas or the entire city at a rate up to 60,000 calls per hour.
Make sure you are in the CodeRed database
Public databases have been used to collect telephone numbers for existing University Park homes and businesses.
However, since databases contain outdated information, no one should assume their phone number is included. For that reason, University Park residents and businesses are urged to register, especially those who:
- Have an unlisted phone number
- Have changed their phone number or address in the last year
- Use their cell phone as their home phone
It’s easy to enroll in CodeRed
To go to University Park's Community Notification Enrollment page, CLICK HERE.
Required information: First and last name, street address (not P.O. Box), city, state, zip code, and primary phone number. A second phone number can be added.
- For those who are hearing impaired, the enrollment page has a TDD Only option for tone delivery of emergency messages. Messages delivered to phone numbers marked TDD will only be delivered in a TDD/TTY format.
- Those without Internet access may call 214-987-5380 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to enroll.
- Do not call list. If you don’t want to be contacted when the CodeRed Notification System is used or you need more information about CodeRed, call the City’s Emergency Management Office at 214-987-5380.
CodeRed Weather Warnings
In Texas severe weather is relatively common, especially in the spring and summer. Because it’s impossible to be aware of approaching dangerous weather conditions at all times, you can help protect your home and family by signing up for CodeRed Weather Warnings.
With CodeRed Weather Warnings, whenever the National Weather Service issues a severe thunderstorm, tornado or flash flood warning, and the geographically based CodeRed system determines that Your Address is in the path of the storm, you will receive an immediate call with that warning information. Because of the accuracy of this system, you won’t receive calls for weather warnings outside the path of the address you register.
CodeRed Weather Warnings enrollment
To go to the CodeRED Weather Warnings enrollment page, CLICK HERE.
If you sign-up to receive CodeRED Weather Warning calls please note:
To discontinue Weather Warning calls
If you no longer want to receive the automatic weather warning messages dial 1-800-566-9780 from the phone that receives the Weather Warning calls, then push option 2 to "opt out" of weather related calls only.